Summer Travel Plans

July 28, 2018
In less than three weeks, I'm about to embark on my second big european trip.

And here I am, sitting after a stressful exam, with my panic level slowly building when I think how unprepared I am for this trip.

Later in August, I'll be travelling to Athens, Florence, and Rome. I've been dreaming of going to all of these cities since I was a little girl; ever since I read Percy Jackson when I was a teenager, I've been imagining the day I can stand in the ancient lands of Greece, witnessing the wonder of histories so old and so majestic, that they are still marvelled by numerous people thousands of years later.

Florence, a city adorned with plenty of artistic and architectural masterpieces, has always been so captivating to me. And although I've been to Rome before, I feel like there are still so many secrets that I've yet to discover; another ancient city with layers of histories that I can't wait to learn more about.

I can't wait to eat as much pasta as I can whilst I'm in Italy!

The problem is, with my days for the past month filled with exam preparations, the preparations for this trip has had to take a back seat. So even though the big items like hotels and flights has been booked, the small details like itineraries are still blank, a constant worry in the back of my mind, being a control freak that I am.

That being said, I simply can't wait to finally being able to embark on another trip. I've been saving up and planning this trip for the past year, and it really is so exciting that the time has almost come.
Oh to eat as much delicious Italian pasta and gelatos! Food always excites me, and trying new ones in Greece sounds like a dream.

I've learned a lot through planning the trip, which is why I've decided to share with you my guide to planning a summer vacation, a three-part series that is currently ongoing on my Youtube channel. Did you know that you actually have to book your tour to the Vatican Museums two months in advance to have a hope of getting a ticket?

I will be sure to vlog everyday during the trip, and the videos would be up on my Youtube channel once I get back from the trip itself. Be sure to also follow me on instagram, so that you will be able to see the plethora of pictures I will be taking throughout the trip.

However, there is another big adventure that I'm about to plunge into this summer.

This September, I will be spending four weeks living in Berlin, as I hope to draw a conclusion of whether I'd like to do my masters in Berlin instead of continuing in Greifswald.

Throughout my time in Berlin as well as my trip to Italy and Greece, I'd also be trying something new; travel journaling and writing. I've been reading Dave Fox's book, Globejotting, as well as taking his travel writing class on Udemy to branch out and try something new. Hopefully, it would mean that I'll be writing a whole lot more blog posts on travel, something that I love to do. I'll be writing more on my experience of the classes in a future blog post.

Wish me a great summer!


xo,
Maria

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.