NYX Epic Ink Liner Review

November 03, 2018
An eyeliner is my go to make up product when I want to feel more "done up" even though my face is completely bare and the only other make up I have on is on my eyebrows. A small cat eye flick at the outer corner of my eye always made me feel just that little bit better.

For a long time, the Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen has been my favourite; it's long lasting, and the price is nearly impossible to beat. But for the past year or so, I have noticed that its quality has been declining. It stared to smudge within a couple of hours, and it dried out quicker than usual. So I went out and looked for a new eyeliner to buy. And boy, did I find it.



The NYX Epic Ink Liner has been a well hyped up product, with many calling it the perfect drugstore dupe for the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. It's been featured in many beauty articles, including being named the best Budget Eyeliner by Buzzfeed. Oddly, I have never heard it mentioned by the various beauty Youtubers I'm subscribed to, so the only natural course of action was for me to check out the NYX Epic Ink Liner myself.

NYX Epic Ink Liner Box
NYX Epic Ink Liner Box

NYX Epic Ink Liner Box + Product

I bought the NYX Epic Ink Liner shortly before I went on my summer trip, and it was the only eyeliner I brought with me. So as far as I'm concerned, the stakes (and my expectation) was plenty high. It has to last all day without smudging and the line has to still be sharp. At the end of my trip, I was thoroughly impressed by it. It fulfilled my expectation and more, considering the sweltering heat I experienced in the height of summer in the southern part of Europe.

NYX Epic Ink Liner Fine Brush Tip
NYX Epic Ink Liner Fine Brush Tip


The NYX Epic Ink Liner claims to be intensely pigmented, feature a supple and slender brush tip that allows you to draw liquid lines effortlessly for a defined finish, and also to control the thickness of the line through the amount of pressure you're applying to it. It is also meant to be waterproof.

As far as pigment goes, I have yet to encounter an eyeliner with a richer black ink as the NYX Epic Ink Liner. It matches my mascara pigment, and may even be blacker than my Sharpie marker. The tip isn't rigid, as it is made up of hairs instead of manufactured strong foam, allowing you some flexibility and a lot of control at the same time, which I appreciated. It is very easy to manipulate, allowing you to have a well defined cat eye and an unwavering lash line at the same time. The liner will stay crisp in spite of sweat, light rain, and even tears, but it will rub off, so try to avoid touching your eyes.

NYX Epic Ink Liner Swatch
NYX Epic Ink Liner Swatch

At €9,85, I flinched at the NYX Epic Ink Liner's price. It is by far the most expensive eyeliner I have ever purchased, but if you know that you will use it regularly, it is very well worth the price. I think the price is also justified by the fact that after 3 months of almost daily use, the liner is still as good as it was when I first tried it on. Personally, even if it only goes on for another month, four months of solid performance is better than a month of okay performance, even if the liner does cost four times as expensive as the Essence one.

As for me, I've found my new favourite eyeliner.

xo,
Maria

NYX Epic Ink Liner Review


Buy the Product :
dm

2 comments:

  1. i've never tried it because i dont have a nyx near me but i've hear wonders about this product

    cool blog babe. I'm following and I would love if you could follow me too :)
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You should check them out online, some third party retailers all over the world usually carry them :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.