L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara Review

The L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara is a staple among the beauty community; even celebrity make up artists use them on celebrities on a regular basis. Admittedly, they recommend the classic, non-waterproof one. But I was in the hunt for a new mascara that won't run all over my face in the rain during the winter season, so I went with the waterproof one.

Packaging and Pricing
The packaging is sleek and substantial, it feel like something you'd expect for the 6,95€ it retails for. The brush is made of synthetic bristles, and shape-wise pretty basic. It definitely hasn't got the weird shaped that nowadays seem to be the trend among mascara brushes.

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara
L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara



Claims
The L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara claims that it will boost your lash volume four times its original for an extra thick lashes without clamping it together. The formula is enriched by Ceramide R. In addition, it is waterproof and also suited for contact lens users.

Review
Considering I have barely visible lashes, I still can barely tell I even have lashes after I use this mascara unless I look really closely. So right off the bat, it didn't give me the amount of volume I needed, much less extra thick lashes. I will say that it definitely separate my lashes and gave them some definition. But for some reason, the formula is so dry, it's quite hard to get a get a good even layer. I also found that you can't really put second or third coats either, because your lashes would just end up looking crusty.
As far as I can tell, Ceramide R is an ingredient that is rather commonly present in L'Oreal products. It's also present in their other mascara in the Voluminous range, and even their hair products. Ceramides are a family of lipid molecules that are naturally present on your skin. Together with cholesterol and other fatty acids, they prevent excessive water loss from your skin. In this mascara formula, I believe it also acts as a sealant so that the mascara is waterproof. The mascara didn't run when it rains; it didn't even budge when I splashed my face. On the down side, it's not very easy to remove, even with oil-based eye makeup remover.
I do wear contact lenses, and I found that it didn't irritate my eyes.




Conclusion
The mascara did deliver on the waterproof front, but considering it was really hard to remove afterwards, I think it's more pain that it's worth. Especially because it didn't give me enough volume, and is crusty looking. So on that alone, it's a pass for me.

Rating
2/5

Buy this Product
dm
Amazon

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.