L'Oreal Matte Lip Paint Review

One of the reason I started this blog was to review beauty products that are available in Germany in english, because naturally, most reviews I would find was in german. Back then my german was really poor, so it was a struggle.
When L'Oreal came out with the Infaillible Lip Paints in the US, the reviews were positive. So when they came out in Germany, I couldn't wait to give it a try.

Packaging and Pricing
There are four shades to the Infaillible Matte Paint Collection, each tube are correspondingly coloured to their shades. 
The shades are : 201 Hollywood Beige, 204 Red Actually, 205 Apocalypse Red, and 207 Wuthering Purple.
The tube looks like any other lipgloss tube, but I do say that the applicator is somewhat different to other L'Oreal products. It is curved and is designed to hug your lips to ensure easy and precise application.
The L'Oreal Infaillible Matte Paint retails for €7,95 each.


L'Oreal Infaillible Matte Paint in 201 Hollywood Beige

The unique applicator is designed to hug your lips


Claims
L'Oreal Infaillible Matte Paint claims to give an intensive colour payoff with a matte finish while being long lasting and comfortable to wear.

Review
My colour selection and my natural lip colour may play a role in my dissatisfaction with is colour payoff. It barely showed on my lip; I had to layer the product a few times to see the colour, and even then I'm disappointed. If you put more than one layer, chances are the pigments wold clump together and make it look extremely patchy, which for any lip product is a big no for me.

I will say that its finish is definitely matte -albeit non-transfer proof, and it does feel comfortable to wear. You would feel as if you simply put on a lip gloss instead of (essentially) a liquid lipstick. However, it doesn't last very long on the lips, I would say that you would get about 2 hours of wear time before it disappear completely.

Conclusion
Even though I liked how it feels on my lips, I feel as if the clumping of pigments and its patchiness made me dislike this product, and I am rather disappointed about that, because the reviews from the US version were mainly positive.

Rating
2,5/5

Purchase the item
Amazon
L'Oreal Official Website
dm.de

Read my reviews on other L'Oreal products such as the L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.