Nivea MicellAIR Review

For the last few years, I have been a faithful user of the Garnier Skin-Active Micellar Water, which I reviewed 2 years ago. I still enjoy using it, but I thought I should try a new product every now and then, and so I decided to get the recently released Nivea MicellAIR.

Nivea MicellAIR

Since I have a very sensitive skin that would flare up with acne at the slightest intrusion, I have always made it a point of cleansing my skin of makeup whenever I wear it. No matter how tired I am, cleansing is a must. Recently I have tried to cut out excessive oils in my skin care regime, so their oil-free formula is a plus in my eyes. It should still be able to take off any waterproof formulas, though.

There are however, variations within this line. Nivea has also released a formula geared towards sensitive skin, an oil-added formula, and makeup wipes. The last two products are exclusive to Rossmann.

The Nivea MicellAIR contains a black tea extract that supposedly works in favour of cell metabolism with the help of its antioxidant properties, giving an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin upon usage.

Its formula claim to allow more oxygen to penetrate the skin immediately after cleansing. Whether this is in connection to its claim on leaving 0% residue on the skin, we'll just have to assume it.

Nivea MicellAIR


I find the Nivea MicellAIR to be very water like. It's not a perfume-free formula, but I didn't notice any strong smell off it, a little unusual for Nivea's products, if I have to be honest. But this is not a negative in any way. There isn't any noticeable anti-inflammatory effects that I can tell, as my skin would still look somewhat red immediately after, even though I made it a point to be extra gentle as I wiped my makeup away on the cotton pads.

As of its merits as a micellar water, I have to say that I am none too impressed.

It works well enough to take off my face makeup, though I still have to use about the same amount of products as with my Garnier Micellar Water. However, I find it somewhat problematic that it can not even take off my non-waterproof mascara properly even after a few tries.

When used as a supplement, by which I mean as an extra product after you have done your cleansing with an oil or solid make up remover, it does an acceptable job.

All in all, I am of the opinion that the Nivea MicellAIR is an okay product. Would I purchase this over my Garnier again? Probably not. But it certainly doesn't mean that I won't use it all up. For the €3,95 it retails for, it is on par with other brands' micellar water. So if you already have a favourite micellar water, it's safe to pass on this one and stick with yours for a while.

xo,
Maria

Purchase the product on:

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.