Online vs In-Store Shopping

July 07, 2018


Shopping. It happens to be one of my favourite past time, as I'm sure other (admittedly not all) women would agree. In the modern day and age, shopping can be done with only a few clicks on your computer or phone screen -in other words, online.

People talk about the double rush that makes online shopping so addictive; once when you're placing the order, and another once the package arrives at the door. The waiting and anticipation of the arrival of the package is to me a delicate balance of excitement and impatience. Too long, and it's annoying.

Nowadays, I do most of my shopping online. Mostly it's because I live in a small town with very limited choice of stores and convenience, but also because of the wide possibility of getting a good deal.

But do you really always get the best deal online?

My answer would be no.

And it's especially so when we're talking about clothing. In the sale season, retailers would slash prices on items to the extreme for its in-store products, be it because it's the last size or the fact that it's been on the rack for so long. This is why in my opinion a good round trip around an actual store can score you an even greater deal than you would get online.

Below I attached some photos on a particular clothing item from H&M, one from its online website, and another which I bought in store. The item is the same, but the prices aren't. The difference on the prices isn't too crazy, it's only 2€, but to me, a top costing 0,99€ is as good a deal as you can get.



You may be thinking that it's a fluke, and you may be right. But interestingly, this isn't the first time I noticed the pricing difference of an item between its online and its in-store pricing.

Last Christmas, I went holiday shopping to the local H&M store in town and bought a gorgeous houndstooth coat on sale for a mere 20€. At the time, I couldn't believe my luck! I went online straightaway when I got home and checked out the item on the website. I was then surprised when I found out that the same coat weren't even on sale and to buy it there it would cost me 70€.

So, next time you complain that it takes too much effort to buy your clothing in store, think about the better deals you might score there instead.


xo,
Maria

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.