Nivea Soft Creme Review

January 07, 2015
Winter time is halfway through, but nonetheless we should always be on the lookout for a good moisturiser. 

The Nivea brand is unlikely to be a new acquaintance of ours, where ever we live in the world. It has been around for ages, and is renowned for its skin care products. 

It is available in various drugstores and supermarket -find the nearest Kaufland, DM, or Aldi Süd near where you live and it's more than likely for you to find one easily. It is available in three different sizes and 2 types of packaging :
  • 75 ml Tube, retails for € 1,55
  • 200 ml Pot, retails for € 2,25
  • 300 ml Pot, retails for € 4,60
(Prices are from DM and Amazon)

Nivea Soft Cream 75 ml


Nivea Soft Cream 200 ml

Claims
The Nivea Soft Cream contains Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E, amongst all of the other chemicals listed in the ingredients (refer to the back of the packaging on the picture above), both of which are known to be good to maintain the skin's moisture and nourishment.
It also claims to be able to be used on your face, body, and hand; however it doesn't specify whether it's supposed to be used at day or night. Basically, it's everything you need to keep all of your skin moisturised at any time.

Review
I've tried to use it on my hands, body, and face, but I found that it works best on my face. I know it's commonly thought of more as body cream, but I honestly don't think it's moisturising enough to be used as a body cream, especially since I have a very dry skin. 
As a hand cream, I found that it works okay, but I don't think it sinks in as well as it did on my face. Now on my face, it was amazing. It doesn't make my face at all oily, and it keeps my face really moisturised throughout the whole day. Even better, it keeps my face really smooth and doesn't break me out. However, I must admit that it doesn't prevent breaking outs either.
I use the cream only during the day, I don't feel it is intensive enough to use at night. And even though I use it during the day, it doesn't contain any SPF.
I do not like that it comes in a pot when you purchase the bigger packages. While at the end of the day it's slightly cheaper, I don't believe that it's hygienic to dip your fingers to the rest of the products everyday, and besides, it's not great to expose your products to the elements.

Conclusion
I really think that it is worth the purchase, because the price value is great. If you're planning on using it as a face cream as I do, even the smallest pack will last you ages and is your best bet. It's far more hygienic, and after all, you only need so much product to use. However, I do not recommend this product if you have a sensitive skin. It will not help you at all, and worse it might cause your skin to be even drier. If you have normal to dry skin, go for it. Moreover, if you are looking for a moisturiser with SPF, this is certainly not for you.

Rating
3.5/5

Purchase the Product
Nearest DM, Aldi Süd, or Kaufland

Tips
It is easiest to find either the 75 ml or 200 ml packaging.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.