Nivea 48 Hours Body Cream Repair & Care Review

January 13, 2015
Moisturising is key to beautiful skin, whether you are in your teens or your late adulthood. In the case of moisturising, starting early is never a sin. Nobody is going to give you odd looks because you are buying a moisturiser, and if they do, so what? You are investing in yourself-they are not investing you. And having a healthy, well moisturised skin is what everyone dreamt of, having wrinkles and dry-patched skin is anyone's nightmare. 

Come winter time, moisturising became even more important, the cold air dries your skin out in a second, even when you hide yourself behind layers of clothing. So remember to moisturise your whole body, not just your face and hands.

I decided to try out the Nivea 48 hours Repair&Care Body Cream this season. It's not hard to come buy, but I have to admit it is not as common as other Nivea products. It is only available in one type of packaging, which is the 300 ml tube that retails for €3,75 (Price is from Kaufland)

Nivea 48 hours Repair & Care Body Cream 300 ml



Claims
The Nivea 48 hours Repair & Care Body Cream contains 5% Urea, a chemical that is naturally available in our skin as a part of our natural moisturising factor. Urea's roles includes to hydrate very dry skin; exactly the type of skin the cream is intended for. It is also said to give protection against dryness up to 48 hours, and will relaxed and calm your skin. This particular product is labelled as an exclusive product in winter.

Review
The cream has quite a thick consistency that you would typically expect from an intensive hydrating cream. I also find the cream to be doing its job of moisturising my skin. It leaves my skin looking no longer patchy and scaly from the moment I put it on. I don't mind the smell so much; it literally smells like every other Nivea product and isn't at all strong.

However, I really do not like the way it leaves my skin feeling. It really makes my skin sticky and I found that it left residue on my skin; it just doesn't sinks into your skin. It's almost like it only seems to moisturise. When you shower after you use the product and the water hits you, it feels like your body is really silky, which is normal when you have a moisturising product on. However it doesn't wash off. Even when I use scrub, I have to work really hard to get the product off. If you think  it's okay and instead put even more product on once you leave the shower-just don't. It truly builds up and stuck on your skin forever. Even worse, it will actually trap the dust and dirt along with it on your skin, and that is certainly not good. It just will not sink into your skin however long you left it.

I know I've talked about how I don't think it's hygienic to have products in a pot, but I don't really mind it as much when I'm using in on the rest of my body. Additionally, I always put the closing foil back on and try to expose it to the environment as little as possible. 

Conclusion
For it's price, it's an okay product. There's a lot of product to last you through the season, and I would say you will get your money's worth. You get to moisturise yourself, since it does do its job; but it is best to have a scrub or loofah on hand to get those residue. But honestly, I think you would be better off with other body cream or body butter. And about the 48 hours claim, I honestly don't think there's much to it. And since it doesn't have SPF, it's definitely suited for winter, although I am not sure if it's limited edition or not.

Rating
2/5

Purchase the Product
Nearest Kaufland

Looking for other reviews of Nivea products?
Check my reviews of Nivea's facial day cream or night cream

1 comment:

  1. I have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up..
    Foot Repair Cream

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.