Nivea Sensitive Tagescreme Review

Having an acne-prone skin and being in your late teens is not a very good combination. Everybody said that acne goes away as your hormones settle down; but I find this concept hard to believe. I'm used to going to the dermatologist every other month and using prescription products, so when I move to Germany, I freaked out a little.

So I decided to go on and try products that are catered to sensitive skin. Even though right now we're well into spring time, the air can still be cold and drying, so naturally I need to find a moisturiser.

The Nivea Sensitive Day Cream is easy to find, just as other Nivea products are. It is available only in one size; 50 ml in a squeeze tube, and retails for €3,95 (price is from DM)

Nivea Sensitive Day Cream 50 ml


Claims
The product claims to reduce redness, swelling, and dryness. It has SPF 15, while containing no perfume, silicone, paraben, and colouring. Though the packaging didn't list its ingredients, it claims to contain grape seed oil and liquorice extract. Liquorice is said to be able to reduce swelling.


Nivea Sensitive Day Cream Swatch
Review
The cream has more or less the same consistency compared to other Nivea Day Cream products, which is to say kind of in the middle of being thick and thin. I would say that for a moisturiser, this works. It definitely would last all day and will not leave your skin with dry patches after you apply it. There is absolutely no need for you to reapply it, as all moisturiser should be. I love how it definitely is perfumeless, since I know perfume will most likely break me out and is not the best thing you would want for your skin. It definitely is colourless, and I really do believe that it contains no silicone, since it doesn't have the bouncy feel to it. As for paraben, though, I really have no way of telling.

I find that it has fulfilled its claims, that means it does reduce swelling, redness, and dryness. It calms my acne down, so to say. I do notice that my acne will show redder when I'm not using the product, and it also doesn't make my swellings worse the way some products may.

Here's one downside, though, the cream will leave your skin feeling and looking oily about an hour after you applied it. After a few minutes upon application, the product does sink in to the skin, but I can't help but feeling as if there are still products on my face. In that sense, I'm not particularly satisfied with how it applies.

Conclusion
If you have a very dry and sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this product for you, because it does deliver its promises. However, if your skin is oily or you don't want to be shiny throughout the day, I would stay away from this product, because it will make it will not work for you.

Rating
4/5

Purchase the product
Nivea Deutschland Official Website
Amazon
Nearest DM or Rossman

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.