Garnier BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin Review

Summer is fast approaching, and there's nothing like a switch from the heavy foundation to the light BB Cream to mark it. I have always had oilier skin in summer, and sometimes for a casual day out I don't always go for my foundations; instead I'll opt for a BB Cream. Knowing this, I decided to try on the Garnier BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin.

Packaging and Pricing
The tube is nothing to write home about; it's skinny and it's not particularly troublesome, unique, or ergonomical. But it felt okay in your hand, and as you're likely to be putting the products on the back of your hands anyway, it doesn't matter much.

It retails for €5,75 in DM, which is a fair price for the type of product.


Garnier BB Cream for Oily and Combination Skin

Claims
Garnier claims the BB Cream as an oil-free product that would moisturise the skin for 24 hours as well as mattify it. It should even out your skin tone, giving it a glowy and smooth effect with reduced pores. It also has SPF 20.


Review
I definitely found the BB Cream as a mattifying product, so much so that upon usage, my oily skin found no trace of oil after it. However, the product leaves a powder like residue that isn't very nice to look at. My skin is therefore neither glowy or smooth as the product claim. As for reduced pores? My pores were exemplified rather than reduced, so if you have large pores like I do, it probably would be best to apply some other primer first. Furthermore, it doesn't really feel moisturising, rather, I feel like the moisture is sucked right out of my skin. 

I found it rather disappointing that the product only offers two shades; light/medium and dark. There is much doubts that the general masses can be classified only in these two shades, because after all, if that's the case, why the dozens of foundation shades? At first the light/medium shade was a good match for me, but after a while the sun tans my skin and it became too light for me. The dark shade, however, is way too dark. This then becomes a problem because when I use it it'll be way off with the rest of my skin. Furthermore, the product, which is suppose to be a blemish balm, would exaggerate my blemishes when applied, my red spots would become grey, instead of soothed down to look like normal skin.

Conclusion
For what it costs, it brings more problems than solution. Powdery skin with grey spots are not something anyone would want. And if you need a primer before you apply something that should be a moisturiser with some tint in them, you know it's not worth the try. You can definitely skip on the product and find something else on the market.

Rating
1/5

Buy this product
Nearest DM



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.