Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen Review

After the horrible experience with Essence's Easy 2 Use Eyeliner, I decided that I will give Essence another chance to redeem itself by buying another one of their eyeliner. So with my fingers crossed tight and embracing myself for another disappointment, I bought the Waterproof Eyeliner Pen.

Packaging and Pricing
The felt-tip eyeliner is packaged in a sleek and skinny black plastic tube with a distinguished light blue branding. The felt tip is quite pointed and small, so you can make a precise enough line with it. It contains 0.03 fl. oz/ 1 ml. The packaging itself is quite standard and common, but I don't mind it as much. I like my makeup to look sleek and simple, instead of having silly and unnecessary curve and edges. It retails for €2,75 in DM, so I think the price point is really affordable compared to other eyeliners in the drugstore.


Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen


Swatches of Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
Top 2 line : one swipe
Bottom line : three layers
Claims
Essence claims this product to be a waterproof eyeliner pen for a precise line, long lasting, smudge proof, and opthalmologically tested.

Review
Based on the swatches, you can see that it really is able to give you decently a precise line because its tip is quite pointed. However, it doesn't mean that you can't get a thicker line also. Its tip is versatile and quite accommodating; it is sturdy, but will allow some flexibility, so if you're a beginner, this is a good option to try on some eyeliner. What's most exciting to me is that it does not bleed! The liquid doesn't spread noticeably on the fine lines of your skin, which is amazing.
Further on, based on my experience, it is a long lasting product. You can wear it all day, and at the end of the day, you will still see the liner. However, if you've gotten sweaty that day, or if your eyes somehow got water on them, it will sort of smudges and fades. So I'm not sure just how waterproof it really is. Mind you the liner will not run down your face if it comes to contact with water, but it will smudge and fade a little.
However, I've found that the smudginess doesn't only show when it is in contact with water. Even after it dries completely, if you rub at it at all, it will smudge. So I won't say that it smudge proof.
The color is a standard black, with one swipe, it's not as black as black can be, but it's not so terrible that it doesn't even look black. If you really want it to be really black, you should definitely be putting more layers on; it can be build up nicely.
Lastly, it doesn't irritate my eyes, and my eyes are quite sensitive, hence I think it's a good option for you to try even if you've got sensitive eyes.

Conclusion
I would say that you should try this eyeliner out. In my opinion, for its price, it fantastic! It lasts all day, and you can make some killer wing with it. However, if you feel like smudge proof is a must in your eyeliners, I would say to pass on this product and try something else.

Rating
3/5

Buy this product
Nearest DM/Rossmann
Amazon

Looking for other reviews of Essensce products?
Check my reviews of Essence's Longlasting Lipstick or Merry Berry Nail Polish

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.