Essence Forbidden Volume Mascara Review

There's something about long, volumised lashes that is instantly appealing to me. Mind you,  I'm not talking about over-long spider lashes; I don't find it very attractive to have your bottom lashes touching your face, but then again that's my personal preference. But the thing is, mascaras are so expensive. And as a student, spending 8-9€ every 3 months is a pretty heavy expense. So I decided to try the Forbidden Volume Mascara by Essence.

Packaging and Pricing
There is little I could say about this mascara, because everything is standard and nothing is standing out. But for the 2,75€ it retails for, you can hardly be surprised about that.
The brush is very standard looking; it's almost like the disposable ones you can buy as a pack, and the packaging feels plastic-light, so there's little chance you could mistake it for an expensive make up item.


Essence Forbidden Volume Mascara

Claims
Essence claims this mascara to be volumizing and approved by opthalmologist.

Review
As I've mentioned in my review on the L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara, I have barely visible lashes, so volume is definitely what I'm after. Unfortunately, the one claim that this mascara makes, it didn't deliver. 

After application, I can barely tell that I'm wearing mascara at all, since what little product the brush holds, it hardly transfer any on to my lashes. Funnily enough it did give my lashes some length, which wasn't even its claim.

I may have some leniency about its lack of volume, because that is the case with most of the mascara I've tried, but the bigger problem was that it runs and transfers all over my eyes, even on a breezy, clear day. It would be somewhat understandable if it was after many hours, but the fact that it did so after an hour is just incomprehensible.

Conclusion
There's very little to be said about this mascara except that it was really bad. It runs and transfers after an hour, and wasn't even volumising to begin with. I tried it a couple more times, hoping I'll find some good points; but in the end, I just have to accept that it was just not for me, despite wanting a really affordable mascara I can continuously buy without breaking my budget!

Rating
1/5


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.