How to Choose the Best Makeup

Choosing makeup, in my opinion, is about trial and error. The key is actually pretty simple : know what you want. But to know what you want, you need to know what you don't want. Unfortunately, that means you need to try out a few product and see what doesn't work. That way, you can narrow your search the next time you need to pick out a new product.

When you can't afford to buy every product on the market, research is very important. Through research, you can choose which product to try out first and minimise the risk of disappointment.

That's mainly why I established my blog; hoping that my reviews can help you, readers, to make a more informed decision.



Recently, reviews.com, a website focusing on product research and reviews, contacted me to be featured on this blog. They recently put 70 eyeliners from various brands to the test, analysing reviews from different publications, consulting with chemist and formulation experts, and woking with make up artists to get the full scope on the eyeliners. Check out their research here.

I found their list on the six best eyeliners to be comprehensive and well rounded. Sadly, I've only got the chance to test one of them; the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. It is one of my favourite gel liner, but if you've read my blog, you'd know my favourite kind is the felt-tip eyeliner. My all time favourite (though I am looking for a new one) is the Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. 




So, to end this post, I'll list my personal list on what I'm looking for in an eyeliner, and you should have one too.
1. Richness in pigments
2. Able to make a sharp line for a wing
3. Doesn't smudge
4. Doesn't transfer

Happy researching!

Note : Although this post is made in collaboration with reviews.com, I have not received any compensation from said company, be it monetary or otherwise.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.